The individual will be responsible for monitoring a wide variety of Solar PV systems (commercial rooftop and utility ground mount) using a mix of Web-based dashboard systems, SCADA and other monitoring software. Along with monitoring duties, the role involves; assisting with system troubleshooting, technician dispatching and support, report development, and production performance review/analysis. The role involves interfacing with key customers and remote Northwind employees via phone, email, and internal chat systems. Good command of oral and written English is necessary, as well as a high degree of comfort working in a fast-paced environment where time is critical and customer expectations are high. In addition, there will be a requirement to work a shared portion of weekend and/or holiday shifts to ensure site production and dispatch technicians as required.
- Full time monitoring of assigned solar PV systems from the Northwind Operations Centre (NOC
- Support the creation of asset production and performance reports according to contractual requirements with Northwind’s customers. Includes any daily, monthly, quarterly, or annual reports required.
- Assist and/or direct technical problem investigations wherever systems are down or showing suspect production values.
- Work with the other team members and Senior SCADA Administrator to help direct needs for monitoring system modifications and improvements.
- Manage phone calls and emails for site trouble reports.
- Triage and diagnose technical issues where technician dispatches and field investigation may be required.
- Assist in scheduling and on-demand dispatch of technicians in co-ordination with other company departments.
- Monitor technician’s status and locations in field using Northwind’s Technician Dashboard.
- Track all system outages or trouble calls in Northwind’s ticket system and assist in service order creation and dispatch.
Other Related Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring weather at sites for safety of maintenance technicians (watch for rain/thunder/lightning conditions and send out notifications.
- During the winter period, monitoring snow coverage on arrays to support clearing operations as required.
- Assist in outage reporting to customers.
- Review and understand regional technician skills and schedules in order to ensure the correct experience is utilized, and travel times to sites are optimized.
- Interface with Ontario Grid Control Centre (OGCC) as required for planned outages, grid issues, or other related situations.
Required Skills and Experience
- High degree of proficiency with computers in general
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability within dynamic team and dynamic working environment
- Ability to get to Peterborough, Ontario daily
- High degree of proficiency with the following software:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Microsoft Outlook
- Variety of Web Browsers
- SCADA Systems development and operation
- Networking and IT Knowledge and Experience
- Python Programming
- Java Programming
- Ontario Driver’s license
- Electrical Systems
- Solar PV Operations and/or Design